So you wanna be an accountant?

Wednesday 18 March 2015

10 minute micro teach ...

So recently I attended a national college and did a 10 minute micro teach on accountancy .

I chose 5 subjects .... (Yes I know, should of chose 1 but hindsights a wonderful thing) 

I thought I was well prepared , even went the hairdressers and had a hair cut :)

But I wasn't , I wasn't prepared for the stonewalling ! I asked questions , tried to get the young people involved , I even played a game . But nothing , this is not a negative against the learners , it was a learning experience for me . 

In order to prepare , I should of found out exactly what level my students where at , I was told levels 3-4 , so I presented subjects over levels 2-4. 

They where actually level 3 beginners so  didn't have a clue what I was talking about , plus the fact my nerves made me talk super fast! And with me Being Scouse i talk quite fast anyway !! 

I even had two mistakes in my material which I didn't notice , it was a bit of a disaster. 

This hasn't put me off though!

I have no teaching experience so my expectations where low, I haven't started my PTTLS course yet so once I begin that I will gain confidence and learn how to plan a lesson properly!

And I'll also now know how to assess my audience , the online platform is definitely more comfortable for me at the moment , and as they say stick to what you know :-)

Can always look again at face to face in the future .

The feedback I received from my observer was invaluable so thank you Deepa, I will use your advice going forward.

If anyone else has experienced a micro teach and would like to share please contact me 

Thanks 

Nicola 

No comments:

Post a Comment