So you wanna be an accountant?

Friday 11 March 2016

Trains , tubes and blue suede shoes !

So, today I travelled to London for my interview with the AAT Magazine! It was such an amazing , and surreal experience! I'll start from the beginning so I don't leave anything out :)

I woke at 3.50am, to catch the 5.30 am coach from Liverpool coach station to Victoria coach station. Arriving at 11.25am. Got a bit lost, took the wrong tube, on the district line instead of the circle line and ended up in Hammersmith! But eventually I found my way to the capital buildings Paddington.

When I finally met Hannah and Mark, I was so taken aback at how nice they where, not at all the city stand offish types I'd envisioned. They made me feel right at ease, and the photographer was amazing also.

As usual, with my luck something had to go wrong. My dress ripped when I was getting changed, it was a blue dress , id even bought blue suede shoes to match 🙀
However,   I was clever enough to bring a spare (Thankfully) . The photo shoot went well, they had me laughing so much that some times I forgot they where taking photos of me. The interview was nerve wracking, but Hannah was so nice I eventually chatted away like we were old friends.

The view was amazing, in an office on the 8th floor, Mark pointed out marble arch, and the Houses of Parliament. I could really imagine my office being up there 💡. But back to reality, I'm now back at Victoria coach station waiting for my coach home, I feel like today was one big dream!

If you ever get the chance to go and visit these guys , definitely go.

The article will be in the May/June edition of Accounting Technician Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment